We are currently hiring Interactive Floor Specialists.
Full Job Description:
- Bring positive energy to the floor; ensure that kids/visitors are having an amazing time
- Respectfully, joyfully, and whole-heartedly engage in visitors’ journey throughout the museum
- Observe, interact and engage with visitors
- Clean up and put away exhibit elements when children are not actively interacting with an exhibit
- Sell admission, membership and gift shop items
- Stock fliers, brochures and gift shop items
- Restock art and workshop supplies as needed
- Provide caution regarding any broken or damaged exhibit elements; repair as needed and practicable
- Disinfect and sanitize all exhibit areas as needed and at closing
- Provide tours to community leaders and groups interested in group events or birthday parties (as needed)
- Respond to and resolve situations that may arise, including but not limited to parent complaints, emergencies, accidents, etc...
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure that the museum is clean and safe
- Perform other duties and be involved in projects that contribute to the achievement of the museum’s objectives
Please email resume to Cyndi@akronkids.org
The Akron Children's Museum is a great and fun place to internship. We are currently looking for interns for the following areas:
- Help develop STEAM programs
- Be a program instructor
- Assist with field trips and mobile museum
If interested, please email Margaret Keller at education [at] akronkids.org.