We Love our Volunteers!
Who Need People Who
- Care about kids
- Are passionate about community
- Believe in the educational value of play
- Make learning and creative play accessible to ALL our visitors
What We Need
- Smiling, friendly people to work at least 2-hour shifts
- Special event help (during field trips and birthday parties)
- Outreach events (ex: booths at local events)
Email to molly [at] akronkids.org for more information and to sign up.
We are currently hiring Interactive Floor Specialists.
Full Job Description:
- Bring positive energy to the floor; ensure that kids/visitors are having an amazing time
- Respectfully, joyfully, and whole-heartedly engage in visitors’ journey throughout the museum
- Observe, interact and engage with visitors
- Clean up and put away exhibit elements when children are not actively interacting with an exhibit
- Sell admission, membership and gift shop items
- Stock fliers, brochures and gift shop items
- Restock art and workshop supplies as needed
- Provide caution regarding any broken or damaged exhibit elements; repair as needed and practicable
- Disinfect and sanitize all exhibit areas as needed and at closing
- Provide tours to community leaders and groups interested in group events or birthday parties (as needed)
- Respond to and resolve situations that may arise, including but not limited to parent complaints, emergencies, accidents, etc...
- Coordinate with colleagues to ensure that the museum is clean and safe
- Perform other duties and be involved in projects that contribute to the achievement of the museum’s objectives
Please email resume to operations [at] akronkids.org